Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Public Speaking Article # 2
Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Formats of how I have constructed speeches.

Please note that the percentage that I have mentioned here is based on the fact that the speech is 100%. Out of which how much is the Opening, Body and Conclusion is stated separately.

Format 1 (which I used in my starting days as a speaker in school)
 5% Opening - One line or few lines of Opening.
 90% Body - Major is the Body – which consisted of facts or opinions.
 5% Conclusion - One or two lines as the Conclusion.

Format 2 (which I used in my college days)
 15% for the Opening - Paragraphs consists of a shocking statement or facts
 60% for the Body – Divided into 3 sub paragraphs which support the same theme with examples each taking 20% each
 15% for the Conclusion – I sum up everything here.

Format 3 (which I used in my 2004 toastmaster competition)
 40% Opening – which is a suspense story. And may be after 2 minutes came the introduction.
 40% Body with opinions & facts
 20% Conclusion with a wrap up.

Format 4 (which I used in my 2008 toastmaster competition)
 5% Opening – which was just a statement (that I repeated throughout my speech)
 80%% Body with opinions & facts & single big story
 15% Conclusion with new examples, facts and then conclusion

Format 5 (which I used in my 2009 toastmaster competition)
 20% Opening with Example Number 1
 20% Body Example Number 2
 20% Body Example Number 3
 20% Body Example Number 4
 20% Conclusion with wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Loy Machedo Award-Winning Speaker & Trainer Cell +971-50-631-85-19 Facebook - Loy Anthony Machedo Linkedin - http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/loy-machedo/25/863/92 Chat - loymachedo@yahoo.com | loymachedo@hotmail.com Email - theinvisiblestring@yahoo.co.in Blog - http://machedomax.blogspot.com Twitter –http://twitter.com/loymachedo Website - www.loymachedo.com Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563183159#!/pages/Loy-Machedo/154673514564472

Search This Blog

Followers