Sunday, October 31, 2010

An incident about me which may shock you, motivate you and inspire you – Read below.


Last year, I had requested a very senior toastmaster to allow me to give a free 30 minute educational session to the large members of his audience.
He told me on my face – he would not.
Reason?
He stated by telling me
“How can I introduce someone like you to a decent crowd?”
“Your reputation, your behavior and your looks are not something we can speak off.”
“Don’t feel bad, but I will tell you on your face, there are decent families here and we cannot associate our event with someone like you.”
Well he didn’t stop there.
He then went on for the next 15 minutes telling me how ashamed people in Toastmasters of the UAE were to associate themselves with me and how I was ruining the name of Toastmasters being the ‘Loy’ that I was.
Finally, advised me that if I had to succeed in life, I should get rid of my tattoos and behave more maturely and more decent otherwise very soon I would not have any well wisher like him to guide me.
Though I was not hurt, I decided to remember this episode.
I thanked him. I kept quite and left.
Today, after nearly a year,
I just received confirmation from one of UAE’s  top company’s in a related industry to train its senior most management team – including the CEO on the secrets to better communication.
I would just like to dedicate this tiny achievement to that Toastmaster who ashamed of introducing someone like me – whom when I was prepared to train for free felt that my reputation, my behavior and my appearance were too shameful to be associated with his decent audience.
I would like to thank him and his decent crowd for giving me this drive in me that I have today.
God bless you my friend.
You are on my face book friends list and I hope you are reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Loy Machedo Award-Winning Speaker & Trainer Cell +971-50-631-85-19 Facebook - Loy Anthony Machedo Linkedin - http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/loy-machedo/25/863/92 Chat - loymachedo@yahoo.com | loymachedo@hotmail.com Email - theinvisiblestring@yahoo.co.in Blog - http://machedomax.blogspot.com Twitter –http://twitter.com/loymachedo Website - www.loymachedo.com Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563183159#!/pages/Loy-Machedo/154673514564472

Search This Blog

Followers