Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Untold Story of Loy's Ability to Talk - Part 7




And the road I was now treading on….
Was the road to not just public speaking….
But taking public speaking
Into the world of Charisma and Magic.

Out of the blue
One day
I was asked to be a Master of Ceremonies
for a young crowd that had only one thing in mind
Drinking
And getting drunk

And they wanted an emcee

Well….
I thought to myself
Why not?

And I grabbed the opportunity.

I spoke and I think I did what they considered as an ‘amazing job’

In hindsight however,
all I can say is that
I did a job that anyone else with a big mouth would have done
Spoke shit.
And loads of it
And to a drunk crowd
Gave them my nonsense.

After the event got over it
It was a new high I experienced.

Crowd control

The power of the spoken word.

Having thousands listening to me.

That was it.

That was what I wanted now more than anything else
In this whole wide world.

I got bitten by the bug to want to speak at functions
I began moving aggressively
Begging and pleading people
To let me become an Master of Ceremonies

And I was ready to do it at any cost.
Free
Or even pay them!

I did as many shows as I could
And yes, for free.

This went on
With the hope that one day, I would be super famous

Many experienced business professionals
took advantage of that ignorance

But to me, the praise of an audience and the attention girls gave me
Well was worth every penny.

You must excuse me….
I was a young boy with his hormones exploding…..

I had my share of affairs
And my share of moments
Where when I look back today
Well I can say were days that would only come to a lucky few
And remain as a memory in the forgotten moments of time

The only thing that I carried with me from India
After all those shows
Was the hope that one day I would be a famous speaker
Something that world would want to know and love to worship…
Little did I know what was store for me
As I took the decision to leave college
And come back to Dubai
……
The moment I would say without a doubt
Was the biggest mistake I had ever done to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Loy Machedo Award-Winning Speaker & Trainer Cell +971-50-631-85-19 Facebook - Loy Anthony Machedo Linkedin - http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/loy-machedo/25/863/92 Chat - loymachedo@yahoo.com | loymachedo@hotmail.com Email - theinvisiblestring@yahoo.co.in Blog - http://machedomax.blogspot.com Twitter –http://twitter.com/loymachedo Website - www.loymachedo.com Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563183159#!/pages/Loy-Machedo/154673514564472

Search This Blog

Followers