Monday, September 28, 2009

A marriage toast I wrote for one of my senior friends to deliver in 3 minutes!


A great man once said
Love is a mental sickness (pause)
Which is curable by marriage
That is why before marriage the man jumps around like a monkey
But after marriage he is very tame and well behaved…like a cute lovable puppy
(pause)
That is why may be CHRISTOPHER here is standing so well behaved next to SHALIA
Dearest CHRISTOPHER, SHALIA and all the family members gathered here.
A few days ago CHRISTOPHER & SHALIA
Asked me to raise a toast for their marriage
Now honestly speaking,
I find that very strange.
One because I know them only from the last two weeks
(pause for a second)
Two because I have never given a toast in my life
(pause for 2 seconds)
And three
My wife was wondering who wanted to listen to me open my big mouth
(pause for another second)
She tells me I am good at boring people.
Now friends
I am not going to give CHRISTOPHER and SHALIA lessons, tips and strategies on how to be happily married.
I am sure the father in the Church, their mom and dad, their uncles and aunties, brothers and sisters and half of India – all gave them enough tips and strategies to last them a life time.
Rather I will only share with them
What has worked for me in my 22 glorious years of marriage.
CHRISTOPHER
Just remember this
With this marriage SHALIA is leaving her house, her family, her life, her friends, all the comfort and everything she ever had
And she has decided to follow you.
Treat her like with love and compassion
And just as Jesus treated his disciples
Treat her with love, affection and respect.
SHALIA
Remember that
This man will work hard
Day and night
To protect, to feed and to look after you
He is dedicating his life to you and only you.
Treat him with the love and respect just as you treat your elders
So that he will only see you as his best friend and only friend
And to the both of you
The most important advice I tell the both of you is that
In this beautiful relationship
There will be bad moments.
And when there are the bad days
No matter what happens
Never let the Sun set on your anger
No matter how bitter you are
How angry you are
Or How hurt you are
When you go to sleep
Hold each other
And tell each other
How much you love each other.
Ladies and Gentlemen finally,
I want to conclude telling all of you.
One day when you all become young and handsome (pause) like me
And you are asked to give such a toast to another young couple
Keep in mind
That no marriage can succeed without the power of pray, without the grace of God and without the blessings of your elders.
So as I raise this glass to toast to all of you.
I conclude in the famous words of the famous German Scientist GEORG C. LICHTENBERG
Love is blind but marriage……(pause) it’s the cure.
to all of you present here Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Loy Machedo Award-Winning Speaker & Trainer Cell +971-50-631-85-19 Facebook - Loy Anthony Machedo Linkedin - http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/loy-machedo/25/863/92 Chat - loymachedo@yahoo.com | loymachedo@hotmail.com Email - theinvisiblestring@yahoo.co.in Blog - http://machedomax.blogspot.com Twitter –http://twitter.com/loymachedo Website - www.loymachedo.com Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563183159#!/pages/Loy-Machedo/154673514564472

Search This Blog

Followers