Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Analysis of Reghunath’s Speech - Lessons from Big Boss.

ReghunathReghunath - A professional trainer and speaker asked me to evaluate his speech after he delivered it.
Here is my analysis.
Analysis of Reghunath’s Speech - Lessons from my Big Boss
Delivered on Monday, 6th December 2010
Lagoon Toastmasters.
• He began with a question.
• He stated this was his 6th speech.
• He mentioned the date is very important.
• He motioned his small finger to state the date – which I felt could be improved upon.
• When he mentioned that the army / air force was on high alert – he got everyones attention.
• He got a laughter when he stated that on 6th December got married . The timing of the pause was brilliant.
• His body was energetic that lead the audience to be glued to him.
• He confessed that in the year 2004 he was saved by a person from disaster.
• He spoke about William – Considered the number 1 sales man in ‘the’ America.
• I loved the gesture (went to all his programs)
• He moved around the podium when he said ‘He was coming to India.’
• I loved the phrase ‘Lamb was always scared to approach the Lion’.
• When he said ‘Flipped through the business card folder’ – He had a Good gesture.
• Good vocal variety – when he enacted the conversation between two people.
• And after 10 minutes – Come and meet me, 30 minutes time. I loved the sentence construction.
• He showed good vocal variety – something that was lacking in his previous projects..
• I liked the suspense when he enacted the story of being called in by the CEO.
• Reghunath was dressed for the moment - Good tie & clothes.
• I liked the enactment of ‘Went out, bought a glass of water. (‘brought’ a glass of water)
• Nice phrases – A Down to earth person.
• I couldn’t understand the importance of this sentence ‘1st floor – 16 office boys’.
• Liked the short sentences ‘It was a 1 hour meeting’. And the pause that followed it.
• He stated he joined 15 days later.
• The word Miracle needs to be worked on in terms of pronunciation.
• I like the action of ‘Got into his heart’.
• Wonder if this was correct “Became his EMCEE”
• In ‘every’ of his training programs. (every – pronunciation should be worked on)
• Nice sentence - I paid him back with all the interest that I could.
• 22 days of travel in the month – was one fact. And then he stated 368 days of continuous travel without break – Factual error.
• All the festivals, birthdays and anniversaries – nice connective statement to show the distance.
• My wife was sitting alone at home – very visual statement.
• Avoiding family / Got into a decision to approach for divorce – this was the moment where everyone was glued to the speaker.
• Walked into my home / Took whole out to Leela hotel – 7 star / On return he handed a one week Malaysia tour / He apologized for the absence – Nice climax.
• I share this because so many of you are bosses – Good analogy.
• In a world where people hate bosses – Ended abruptly
• Ending could have been better for such a great speech.
• Overall, most improved performance by far and I feel Reghunath is getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Loy Machedo Award-Winning Speaker & Trainer Cell +971-50-631-85-19 Facebook - Loy Anthony Machedo Linkedin - http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/loy-machedo/25/863/92 Chat - loymachedo@yahoo.com | loymachedo@hotmail.com Email - theinvisiblestring@yahoo.co.in Blog - http://machedomax.blogspot.com Twitter –http://twitter.com/loymachedo Website - www.loymachedo.com Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563183159#!/pages/Loy-Machedo/154673514564472

Search This Blog

Followers